Skip to content

Legalisation of the stay

If you wish to study at the University of Szczecin, you need to have a visa which entitles you to enter the territory of Poland. You may apply to get the Polish visa in the Polish Consulate in your home country when you receive the decision on your university admissions.

To complate all the formalities related to your residence card and the legalislation of your stay in Poland, visit:

The Department for Civil Affairs and Foreigners
West-Pomeranian Governor’s Office
ul. Wały Chrobrego 4, 70-502
tel: +48 91 43 03 400, Room 17

To register for temporary residency in Poland, go to:

Town Hall of Szczecin
Plac Armii Krajowej 1, 70-456
tel: +91 444 53 36 or +91 444 53 39

IMPORTANT: you will need to fill out a special registration form for temporary residency; you can get the form from the manager of the student hostel/student residence hall. You need to bring your passport with you when you submit the form.


If you live in private rented accommodation, you should register on the basis of a signed contract with the owner.