Skip to content

Study without fee

You can apply to study a full-time programme in Polish at the University of Szczecin free of charge if you’re a foreigner (you don’t have Polish citizenship) and:1Art. 324 section 2 of the Law on Higher Education Act (Journal of Laws of 2022, item 574)

  1. you’re a citizen of a European Union (EU) member state, the Swiss Confederation, or a member state of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) – the member states of the European Economic Area (EEA) or you’re a family member of such a citizen residing in Poland;2Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
  2. or you have a permanent residence permit or you’re a long-term EU resident;
  3. or you have a temporary residence permit due to the circumstances mentioned in Art. 159 section 1 or Art. 186 section 1, 3, or 4 of the Act of 12 December 2013 on Foreigners (Journal of Laws of 2021, item 2354 and of 2022, item 91);
  4. or you have a refugee status, a temporary protection, or subsidiary protection in Poland;
  5. or you have a certificate confirming your proficiency level in Polish as a foreign language to be C1 or higher issued by the State Commission for the Certification of Proficiency in Polish as a Foreign Language;3Art. 11a, section 2 of the Act on Polish Language of 7 October 1999 (Journal of Laws of 2021, item 672)
  6. or you own a valid Polish Card (aka Karta Polaka, Pole’s Card, Polish Charters) or a Polish Consul’s decision on confirming your Polish origin;
  7. or you’re a spouse, a descendant (child, grandchild, etc.), or an ancestor (parent, grandparent, etc.) of a Polish citizen and you currently live in Poland;
  8. or you’ve been granted a permit for temporal residence in Poland in connection with the circumstances mentioned in Art. 151 section 1 or Art. 151b section 1 of the Act on Foreigners of 12 December 2013 or you’re staying in Poland because of short-term mobility of a scientist under the conditions specified in Art. 156b section 1 of that Act or you hold a national visa in order to conduct scientific research or development work.
If you are a foreigner and you have one of the statuses mentioned above, you can apply to study in English at a discount.

The discounted English-programme fees are as follows:

BA programmes:

  • Business Management — 2232 PLN/semester
  • Economics and IT Applications — 2232 PLN/semester
  • Global Communication — 2232 PLN/semester
  • Hydrobiology — 2976 PLN/semester
  • Social Sciences — 2232 PLN/semester

MA programmes:

  • International Economics — 2232 PLN/semester
  • Public Management — 2232 PLN/semester

If the terms of fee-free education don’t apply to you, you can still study at the University of Szczecin based on:4Art. 323 section 1 of the Law on Higher Education Act (Journal of Laws dated March 3, 2022, position 574)

  • International agreements
  • Agreements reached between higher education institutions
  • Decisions of the minister responsible for higher education
  • Decisions of the NAWA director
  • Decisions of the Rector of the University of Szczecin

You’ll be required to pay tuition fees.

If you’re a foreigner (you don’t have Polish citizenship), the University of Szczecin offers you first-degree (BA), second-degree (MA), and other programmes.